Will is an important document that helps you to distribute your assets, even when you are not around. But, before putting pen to paper and starting writing your Will, it is best to first start by making a list of your assets and liabilities- your bank accounts, immovable properties that you own, mutual funds, provident funds, insurance policies, digital assets, and others.
Once you have finished the list, take a moment to think about how you want your assets to be distributed. You can assign a property to a single beneficiary or multiple beneficiaries.
In addition, you must also think about who will be secondary beneficiaries in case the primary beneficiaries are not there when the Will is executed.
You need to name an executor of your Will- someone who will execute the wishes of your Will if you are not there anymore. Additionally, you can name a secondary executor who will take over if the primary executor is unable to perform his/her function due to death or insanity.
And finally, find witnesses to the Will. Keep in mind that these witnesses must not be a beneficiary of your Will. It is advisable to choose witnesses who don’t have a personal interest in the Will.
Even if you have named a nominee for your bank accounts, mutual funds, or more, you should also write a Will, as a nominee acts as a caretaker of the asset and a Will always prevails.
This is how you can start writing your Will. But, we at AasaanWill have made this process much more simple and you can finish the whole process within 20-25 minutes. Here is how AasaanWill helps to make a Will “aasaan”.
- Start your Will writing here.
- Submit your details using the auto-populated form. You can take the help of tool tips and videos displayed in each section.
- Click on submit and make the payment. Your data is 100% confidential.
- Our legal team will provide you with your Will draft via Email.
- Once the Will is finalized, take the print out of the document and sign it as per the signing instructions. Your Will is ready and legally valid at this point of time.
- Additionally, AasaanWill helps you to get it notarized or Registered.
AasaanWill Zaroori hai!!